FREE Workshop on Citizenship and Naturalization
Saturday, September 21, 2019, from 9 am to 4 pm
1900 S. Acadian Thruway, Baton Rouge, LA 70808.
Space is limited. Call 225-376-6849 for a reservation.
Immigration lawyers and student volunteers will offer:
- Stations for document review
- Examples and instructions on civics exam
- Instructions and general information for those who may not apply at this time but may do so soon
- Information about an exemption of the application fee, i.e., fee waiver
You can apply for citizenship if:
- You are 18 years old, and
- You are a permanent resident (have a “green card”) and have lived in the United States for five years,
- You are married to a US citizen and have been a permanent resident for 3 years, or
- You served in the US military.
What to bring with you:
- Your permanent resident card, i.e., green card
- All your passports from the time you became a permanent resident
- Addresses and employment/school history for the past 5 years
- Your children’s “A” number, date of birth and addresses
- Information about your spouse if married