Homeless men recently released from prison take their first steps to changing their lives at Joseph Homes Transitional Housing Program.
Do you know a man about to be released from prison that doesn’t have anywhere to live? No family? No hope? Catholic Charities Joseph Homes could be the first step to changing his life and starting anew. Regardless of his religion.
- Housing in a private, clean efficiency apartment in downtown Baton Rouge
- Support in a caring environment from dedicated staff, fellow residents, past residents and volunteers
- Referrals for job-finding, medical, counseling and substance abuse services
- Money to help you move on if you successfully complete the program
As a resident, program participants will be expected to:
- Maintain stable employment and attend a weekly support group meeting
- Remain drug free, pass random drug screens and participate in a 12-step program
- Respect your fellow residents and surrounding neighborhood
- Pay your program fees and follow Joseph Homes policy for housekeeping and more
- Prepare and save for your future
To apply, obtain an application by mailing a letter to Catholic Charities, Attn: Prison Ministry, 1750 Laurel, Baton Rouge, LA 70802 or download a copy here. Return the completed application. Once the applicant is released, an interview will be scheduled with the Screening Committee. Joseph Homes cannot be used as a resident plan for parole or pardon. Sex offenders are not eligible for services. Program fees are $80 a week.